Episodic - procedural narrative generator
Work-in-progress library to create a cohesive narrative that is comprised of story elements. Agents interact with the narrative the story generator updates the goals and paths available. This provides control over the narrative while giving agents room to alter the narrative based on their choices. Built on top of graphplan-rust.
Inspired by these papers:
- Planning with applications to quests and story (2016, Yun-Gyung Cheong, Mark O. Riedl, Byung-Chull Bae, and Mark J. Nelson)
- Narrative Planning: Balancing Plot and Character (2010, Mark O. Riedl, R. Michael Young)
- Efficient Intent-Based Narrative Generation Using Multiple Planning Agents (2014, Jonathan Teutenberg, Julie Porteous)
- Narrative Planning: Compilations to Classical Planning (2014, Patrik Haslum)
- Controlling Narrative Generation with Planning Trajectories: The Role of Constraints (2009, Julie Porteous, Marc Cavazza)